About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Environmental Health and Safety Engineer to join our team. As an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer at our company, you will be responsible for ensuring the organization complies with all environmental, health and safety regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Keep constantly updated, identifying improvement opportunities in the Environment, Health
and Safety Management System - certified against ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018 -
which contains the procedures applicable in the company and the recording systems and
keeps the critical processes under control
• Ensure the implementation of environmental, health and safety regulations
• Support all senior managers to embed safety and an environmental friendly attitude into their
everyday activities, cascading this to all levels. Become the advocate and point of contact for
• Identify critical processes for the environment, safety and health at work, identify hazards,
estimate risks and evaluate them according to the criteria established by the employer and
research/study/design the most appropriate prevention, protection and control measures,
with collaboration of the management.
• Assist senior managers in the analysis of accidents, near misses, safety spots and
environmental accidents and document the results.
• Guarantee the appropriate registration of the EHS training, both provided by external bodies
and internally as training on-the-job
• Proactively contribute to the daily management meeting of the site providing HSE data, RCA
• Keep the list of chemicals used in the company under control and constantly updated,
ensuring for each change the appropriate info-training for the operators concerned
• Guarantee compliance of the manufactured product with the last release of REACH RoSH
and Conflict minerals directives
• Purchase and manage PPE stock for the site.
• Work in a team environment to develop and implement the Rotork Lean methodologies that
emphasise reduction in waste and provide for continuous improvements in HSE area
• Conduct internal audits and HSE walks to confirm adherence and identification of areas for
• Conduct problem solving investigation by accident\incident\near miss investigation and KPI
reporting activities, as required by Company management.
• Prepare and deploy business improvement and correction plans (as appropriate)
• Design, implement and document, in collaboration with the management team, the
prevention and protection measures for the health and safety of people and the environment.
• Become active in NPD, FMEA
The incumbent must be able to demonstrate 3-5 years practical knowledge of:
• Manage an Integrated Business Management System to add value to the business
• Ability to analyse data and generate measures or reports to support decision-making
• Support maintenance activities by reviewing sub-contract Safe Systems of Work, with associated RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statements) documents, to ensure that safety and environmental requirements are maintained throughout any maintenance or scheduled tasks
• Broad based understanding of manufacturing, assembly and HSE proofing techniques
• Structured problem solving\accident investigation techniques:- including methodologies for problem definition, root cause determination and validation and permanent corrective and preventive action (i.e. 8D, A3, 5S, Lean, 6σ)
Education and Skills
• Preferably registered Lead \ Internal Auditor in Safety & Environmental in accordance to ISO45001 a/o ISO 14001
• Ideally an educated individual in an Engineering related subject or equivalent experience, and practical knowledge of managing an integrated management system
• A good working knowledge of MS Office with advanced skills in MS Excel advantageous
• Driven self-starter with the ability to take ownership, plan and react effectively
• Tenacious, confident, articulate, flexible and communicative at all levels of an organisation
• Data literate, analytical and process driven, preferably with some process mapping exposure
• An ability to work under pressure and deliver effective change within the business
• Beneficial personality traits in balanced measure would include; meticulous, consistent, contextual, approachable, trustworthy, flexible, creative and inclusive
• English Fluency required
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume (C.V) and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience in construction quality engineering to email@example.com.
Please use "Senior Safety Engineer - Construction Application" in the subject line of your email.